Meet new friends from around the world while staying on campus in a modern, sustainable student residence. You’ll have access to all of the great amenities available to UBC students, including hiking trails, sports fields, and the library.
A day in the life.
Subject to change.
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am: Breakfast
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Morning lecture by UBC faculty and applied learning discussions
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Hands-on field experience (on or off campus)
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Afternoon recreational programming & free time
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Dinner
- 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Evening recreational activities
All the comforts of home…
Accommodations are single rooms, with a semi-private washroom shared between two students of the same gender. Each room has wired (Ethernet) Internet access and is furnished with a bed, linens, a desk, a chair, and a dresser.
There are also laundry facilities and accessible units if required. On each floor of the residence building there are study lounges, a reading room, a snack kitchen, and a large TV lounge.
…and three catered meals a day.
There is a growing awareness of what it means to eat sustainably, and an understanding that food matters—to our health as well as our environment.
The Summer Scholars Program provides three healthy, balanced meals per day. Please complete the dietary restrictions and allergies form that will be included in your confirmation package in March so we can accommodate your dietary needs.
Your safety is our priority.
- Program Leaders will stay with you while in the UBC residence at a 1 to 10 ratio.
- Program Leaders will provide support and recreational programming in the evenings and on weekends, as well as provide 24-hour supervision.
- During class hours and field experiences, Teaching Assistants and Faculty members will supervise you.
- Campus Security provides 24-hour assistance campus-wide. All security guards and Program Leaders have received training in first aid, CPR, and emergency response procedures.
- Travel health insurance is mandatory for students and included in the program fee. Note that this coverage does not include other travel insurance items such as flight cancellation or lost luggage.